AEHOG Chili Cook Off this Saturday 2/21/17
Just a reminder that the 2017 AEHOG Chili Cook Off is this Saturday 1/21/17. There’s still time to register if you would like to compete. Send me an email at email@example.com and let me know who is going to be in your team.
If your not going to compete, please come out and support the folks that are. We will sell sampler cups for $1 each starting a little after noon. This will get you the chance to sample all the chili and vote for the People’s choice as well as the best presentation. I’ve heard about a few of them and it’s going to be quite a site. We’ll announce the winners at 2 PM
Here’s the rules
• Chili team consists of 1-4 members.
• All members of the team must be current chapter members.
• Team members must wear gloves when handling food.
• Chili team must furnish own supplies (cooker, table, chairs….).
• All chili must be cooked on site with scratch ingredients.
• No fillers allowed in the chili (beans, pasta, rice or like ingredients).
• No commercial mixes are permitted (i.e. “just add meat” mixes).
• One pot of chili per team (8 pounds of meat minimum).
• All chili team members must actively participate from set up to clean up.
• Chili team members are responsible for set up and clean up of their own area.
• Cooking cannot begin before 8am, and not until raw ingredients are inspected.
• Chili is to be collected and turned in at designated location in provided container promptly at 12 (noon) for judging.
• Chili team to give samples in provided cups to individuals who have purchased tasting kits (available for $1 each).
• Tasting starts at 12 after chili has been turned in for judging.
Each chili will be critiqued by 3 judges using the following categories; judges will not know who prepared the chili.
Winners in the following areas will be recognized at 2PM:
• Judge’s First Place
• Judge’s Second Place
• People’s Choice
• Best Theme
1st place in Judges Choice and People’s Choice will be invited to compete at the HOG Regional Chili Cookoff at Dallas HD in Garland on 2/25/17